For a complete list of all City of Sisseton Ordinances, please go to the following link:Sisseton Ordinances
The details of the City of Sisseton's Ordinances regarding dogs, cats and other pet animals came be found in Chapter 6.08 of the City's Municipal Code (see link above).
All dogs and cats must be licensed. To obtain a license for your pet, stop by the Business Office at City Hall (406 2nd
Ave. W.) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.) to complete an application. The applicant will need to provide proof that their pet has received a current rabies vaccine in order to receive a license.
- The Sisseton Pet Ordinance allows a maximum of 3 adult dogs or cats per household.
- The license fee for the first 2 dogs or cats is $8.00 each, and $25.00 for the third.
- Licenses need to be renewed annually by May 1.
For information on pet licenses and other licenses required by the City of Sisseton, contact the City Business Office at 605-698-3391.
406 2nd Ave W.
Sisseton, SD 57262
Building Permit Application
Whenever a structure is moved, erected, added to, or structurally altered within the city limits, a building permit is required.
Building Permit (PDF) →
- Fees for building permits are $15.00 for residential, $50.00 for commercial.
- All applications are reviewed by the Sisseton Zoning Board which meets the Friday before the 2nd Monday of each month.
- Permits must be approved by the Sisseton City Council, which meets the 2nd Monday of each month.
Special Event Application
Any group, organization or individual that plans a special event that will take place on City of Sisseton streets or property are required to complete and submit a Special Event Permit Application.
Special Event Permit (PDF) →
- The application must be approved by the City Council before the event takes place.
- The City Council meets the 2nd Monday of each month.
- There is no fee for Special Event Permits.
For more information on Ordinances, Licenses and Permits required by the City of Sisseton, contact the City Business Office at 605-698-3391.